The COEP research team have prepared a number of resources to assist you in promoting this survey. As an open project, we rely on our community for help in promoting the survey.
Suggestions to promote the survey
Examples for promoting the survey are provided below.
Suggestions for everyone
- Sharing information about the survey via your own social media channels – we have image cards you can download and share with your posts and mentions. Use the #NZtextbooks hashtag.
- Sending an email to groups and individuals who may be interested in completing the short survey. We have example text copy you can use for your email (see below).
- Sharing creative ideas on how to promote the survey – use the #NZtextbooks hashtag to share the gift of knowledge.
Suggestions for students
- Students’ associations and unions distributing information about the survey among members via email and social media – reducing the costs of study materials will help everyone.
- Students’ social media groups, for instance a class Facebook group.
Suggestions for institutions and staff
- Institutions promoting the survey via on-campus student screens / TV – we have image slides you can download for this purpose.
- Lecturers sharing the https://oer.nz/textbooks link with your students.
- Librarians sharing the https://oer.nz/textbooks link with your students – open access to knowledge is in your DNA.
- Individuals printing a copy of the A4 poster for notice boards (see below) – we have a handy QR code for quick access to the survey.
Resources for download
We have prepared a poster and image cards you can use with social media posts. These are available for free download and use to promote the survey.
Sample text for reuse
Have you ever been concerned about the cost of textbooks? Have you ever decided to do without one to save money? We invite you to participate in a survey that will help the national Centre for Open Education Practice (COEP) investigate the impact of textbook costs on student behaviour, including choice of programme and/or institution, and on student outcomes.
Learning and knowledge should be more accessible - with this link, you can have your say! Spend 5 minutes of your time in filling this survey that will help bring affordable learning materials within your reach.
At the end of the survey, 10 randomly selected submissions will win $50 supermarket vouchers!
Click here https://oer.nz/textbooks NOW!
Thank you and kind regards
Kiwi tertiary students, don’t go #textbookbroke. Have your say about more affordable learning here: https://oer.nz/textbooks #NZtextbooks
New Zealand tertiary students: Share the gift of knowledge - complete our short #NZtextbooks survey: https://oer.nz/textbooks and be in to win a NZ$50 voucher.
Shoutout to NZ Tertiary Students! Cost of textbooks too much? Use this link to share your experience https://oer.nz/textbooks! Be in to win a NZ$50 voucher. #NZtextbooks #NZEdu
NZ Tertiary Students: Ever had to buy textbooks and then be like “That’s too much”? We need to hear more from you! Tell us by completing this survey https://oer.nz/textbooks and be in to win a $50 voucher! #NZtextbooks
#NZTertiaryStudents, textbooks bleeding you dry? Have your say NOW by completing this survey https://oer.nz/textbooks and be in to win a $50 voucher! #NZtextbooks